Tuesday 30 September 2008

Tweaking the Blogger template

Well, that was fun! I have just finished playing around with the Blogger template to make it resemble the look and feel of the main UK Design Directory site.

I started with the changing the template to Minima Dark, then, through a process of trial and error, added css classes and HTML snippets to bring it into line with the stylesheet I am using on UKDD. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the result, but there's still plenty of room for improvement, in particular, moving the posting date from above the post title to below, and tweaking the appearance of some of the widgets (I have left them out at this point as I want them to match my page look and feel, particluarly the date display for each post).

When I get a bit of spare time I will have a go at writing a Blogger template from scratch, but, in the meantime, this'll do nicely! - If you want a copy of the changes I have made, drop me a line and I'll send you a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment