Wednesday 29 October 2008

Eclipse Rocks!

I'm a BIG fan of the amazing Aptana Studio, and since discovering it, I've hardly used my old weapon of choice, Dreamweaver. Aptana is much more "code-focussed", and great for building AJAX and DHTML applications and widgets (Web 2.0 developement anyone?)

After playing with Aptana, I have made a bit of a change however. I have installed the Eclipse IDE (which Aptana is based on), then installed the Aptana plugin for Eclipse. This means I get all the Aptana goodness, with the added bonus of being able to use any of the dozens of Eclipse plugins, such as SQL Explorer (useful if you do any Database work), Visual Paradigm SDE (for UML and Diagramming, among other things) and many more.

If you are looking for the ultimate development tool, give Eclipse a whirl, and build your own personalised toolkit, all in one IDE.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment