Sunday 26 October 2008

Oo, oo, oo, a shiny new workstation!

Yay! After moaning about my completely pants workstation at the office, we all have new machines. I am well pleased! As I hate waiting, I have spent the last 3 months or so, lugging my huge Toshiba laptop backwards and forwards to the office, as it is a much faster machine than my office machine. Not any more!

Our new boxes have 4 gigs of RAM, quad processors, nice big hard drives, the new NVidia videocards, with loads of dedicated VRAM, outputting to 2 rather tasty 19" Widescreen LCD flat-panels, with my fave new feature, NVidia's NVRotate, which allows you to pivot your display(s) to portrait view!

This means I can now, at last, have a full 1024 * 768 browser window open, and if it's Firefox, immediately below it, I can have a decent sized Firebug, then on the other monitor, Aptana, with a full 1280 height window for coding! NICE. A real productivity improvement.

Plus the fact, I will stop walking with a stoop as I will be able to leave the beast at home!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment