Wednesday 8 October 2008

The Recipe for Corporate Design Success

One thing I'm always interested in is design theory (not sure if it shows or not!), and as I work for a "corporate" site, I like to keep my eye out for interesting articles and tutorials relating to corporate design.

As you are not doubt aware, good design is not just a case of throwing something together and running with it because "it looks good", so I found 7 Ingredients of Good Corporate Design on Smashing Magazine to be an interesting distraction.

What are the Smashing Magazine's 7 Ingredients?
  1. A strong logo
  2. Good typography
  3. Considered use of colour
  4. Strong brand objectives and identity
  5. High quality
  6. Community
  7. Culture

Hmm, where is "user experience"? Surely if a product/brochure/site hits the spot it contributes to the strength of design. Otherwise my job is a waste of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment