Wednesday 8 October 2008

Site of the Moment!

I usually post sites that catch my eye in the "Showcase" section of the main UKDD Site, but this one really stands out from the crowd.

I found it on one of my regular visits to the brilliant Web Designer Wall, where Nick La has posted an interesting article about the current trend of using large background images. All the sites looked great, but Upstruct really knocked me out, but not just for it's use of images, but for it's tasty Prototype and juicy Scriptaculous goodness, and particularly the brilliant contact page that uses Google Maps as a full browser window backdrop.

There is a real sense of playfulness and love of what they do, which manifests itself in lots of cool touches, for example, try hitting the "howdy button", or the M on your keyboard. It's rare that you see a site with such tight integration of design, interactivity and "feel". It is, in my opinion, an outstanding site.

Check it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment